Available to Speak at Your Upcoming Event
Do you need a speaker for your next career day, dance program assembly, or online event? Yours truly, The Working Dancer's Professor, is available to discuss dance career topics with your audience.
I have a Master of Fine Arts in Dance as well as over a decade of professional dance experience. I have performed, choreographed productions, and taught dancers throughout the U.S and abroad.
As a dance professor, I have lectured dancers and non-dancers alike on a variety of dance related topics. I've also coached many aspiring and early career dancers on a wide variety of professional issues.
When you book me to speak at your event, your students will be motivated and equipped with knowledge they can use right away as well as when they embark upon their career pursuit. I am committed to educating dancers on how to create sustainable dance careers and how to maintain their peace and joy while doing it.
For more info, please email: Shate@TheWorkingDancer.com
Optional Speaking Topics
My discussions are inspiring and informative. The following list of topics can be delivered as a keynote, convention seminar, webinar, guest lecture, or more. Additional topics can be customized at your request.
- Believe. Be Taught. Begin. - Knowing where to start a dance career can be daunting. This workshop discusses positive thinking, continuous growth, and action plans.
- While You're Waiting - One of the most common complaints I here amongst #WorkingDancers, aside from money and jobs, is the frustration they experience while pursuing their career. This workshop discusses dealing with rejection, developing patience, and learning how to persevere with purpose while working toward building a dance career.
- Marketing for Dancers - Many dancers are unaware of the importance of business skills in an artistic career. Business savvy is just as important as talent in sustaining a successful dance career. This workshop covers the importance of professional materials (headshot, website, etc.), how to develop high quality materials at low cost, and how to network.
- Money. Money. Money. Money. - So many dancers are in the starving artist club. While many factors can play a role in how much dancers make, sometimes it is a result of a lack of knowledge on the part of the dancer. This topic discusses different job ideas, sample revenue streams, and the importance of spending and saving wisely.
- Getting Started - This workshop helps dancers answer some of the most pressing questions about starting their career. Do I need a dance degree? Do I need to move to LA or NY? Do I need an agent? In this interactive discussion, we tackle some common questions as well as allow dancers to ask their own.